Porsche’s first electric car, Taycan, is not only causing a awe among customers, but is also slowly beginning to win prices. In the new Automotive INNOVATIONS Report of the Center of Automotive Management (CAM), the Taycan was awarded the Top Innovation Prize with 27 innovations. The CAM included the 800-volt architecture, the two-speed transmission on the rear axle, the high recuperation power of up to 265 kW and the best cw value in the segment (from 0.22) among the innovative contributions.
Other prizes and awards that the Taycan has received to date include
- World Car of the Year 2020 in both World Performance Car and
World Luxury Car categories: World Car of the Year (WCOTY)
- Car of the Year: BBC TopGear Magazine (UK)
- Game Changer of the Year: BBC TopGear Magazine (UK)
- The China Green Car of the Year: Chinese Car of the Year (CCOTY)
- German Car of the Year (GCOTY)
- Prize for innovation by Connect magazine (Germany).
The award ceremony took place on 14 July and can be viewed in this two-hour recording Digital Automotive Talk (in German). The event featured the CEOs of VW, Bosch, Daimler, and had chameos of Tesla and BYD representatives among others. The event was moderated by ZDF anchor Markus Lanz.
This article was also published in German.