Those who are believed to be dead live longer. The death of Faraday Future has already been predicted so many times, after financial problems, problems with the founder and an employee exodus almost made the company history again.
But here it is and now the company presented the FF91, which is said to be already close to production. This vehicle, the milestones so far and the ones that follow now were presented by former Byton CEO and now FF boss Carsten Breitfeld. The vehicle is supposed to be “production-intent.”
- Milestone #1 – Installation of pilot equipment in the Hanford manufacturing plant’s pre-production build area;
- Milestone #2 – Securing a Certificate of Occupancy, clearing the path for the company’s pre-production builds; and
- Milestone #3 – Begin foundation construction for all remaining production areas including body, paint, warehouse and vehicle assembly.
The first three milestones have been reached, and today’s event marks Milestone #4 – Pre-production builds for final engineering validation and certification.
The next milestones are supposed to be:
- Milestone #5 – Implement all major mechanical electrical and plumbing systems to support equipment installation
- Milestone #6 – Complete construction and equipment installation in final vehicle manufacturing areas at Hanford plant
- Milestone #7 – FF 91 Start of Production
The vehicle is scheduled to be produced at the Faraday Future factory in Hanford, California, starting in Somme (third quarter) 2022.
This article was also published in German.