The Waymos in Phoenix, Arizona have been open to the public for just under a week, and more and more videos of driverless rides are appearing. Joel J. Ricks has now released an eighty-minute video of four rides, showing the views of the road from the passenger row and the information screen for passengers.
He also refers to several highlights, such as a three-point turn at the end of a narrow cul-de-sac, construction sites, avoiding reckless cars or parking lot maneuvers.
- Three point turn – 00:51
- Avoiding rogue truck – 05:41
- Somewhat a construction zone – 06:50
- Busy unprotected left turn – 18:04
- Two tight squeezes – 23:37
- Gun it! – 38:41
- Cul De Sac – 42:06
- How to summon a ride – 42:45
- Construction zone – 46:29
- Avoiding reckless guy on unprotected left turn – 01:00:30
- Parking lot mayhem – 01:01:02
- Parking lot mayhem 2: pedestrian boogaloo – 01:03:09
This article was also published in German.